You do have to be a rocket scientist to vie for the $10 million X-Prize. The challenge? Send a privately built rocket — with a passenger — into space, twice in 14 days. So far more than 20 teams have joined the competition. Join host Ira Flatow and guests for a look at the private space race. What does it take to send a rocket in to space? Is this the first step to a space tourism industry? Plus, we'll discuss launching a solar sail.
* Editor, Space: The Free-Market Frontier (2002, Cato Institute)
* Adjunct scholar, Cato Institute
* Washington director, The Objectivist Center, Washington, DC
Peter H. Diamandis
* Chairman and President, X-Prize Foundation, St. Louis, Missouri
* Federal liaison, Armadillo Aerospace, Mesquite, Texas
* CEO, Cosmos Studios, Planetary Society Solar Sail Project, Ithaca, New York