Can architecture make you feel better? Can a well-designed hospital help you heal faster? Does a better lab space spark scientific creativity? How can work space increase productivity? A new collaboration between architects and neuroscientists is designed to answer some of those questions. In this hour, we'll talk about the influence of architecture nd design on the mind.
* Institute Architect Howard Hughes Medical Medical Institute Houston, Texas
* Latrobe Fellow, American Institute of Architecture
* AIA National Director of Research & Planning Advisory Board Member, Academy of Neuroscience for Architecture, San Diego, California
* Advisory Board Member, Academy of Neuroscience for Architecture Dean, School of Biological Sciences University of California San Diego, San Diego, California
* Director of Research Public Buildings Service, General Services Administration, Washington, DC
* Chairman of Board, Center for Health Design President, Cama Incorporated
* Past-President, American Society of Interior Designers, New Haven, Connecticut
NPR transcripts are created on a rush deadline by a contractor for NPR, and accuracy and availability may vary. This text may not be in its final form and may be updated or revised in the future. Please be aware that the authoritative record of NPR's programming is the audio.