Listen: Listen to the Eroica Trio at NPR
Paul Schomer/NPR News
Eroica Trio cellist Sara Sant Ambrogio in NPR's Studio 4A.
Beethoven: Triple Concerto, Op. 56
Detail from the CD cover of
NPR's Fred Child welcomes the Grammy-nominated Eroica Trio to Studio 4A. One of the world's top all-female chamber music trios, Eroica has been together since 1997.
The trio is pianist Erika Nickrenz, violinist Adela Peña and cellist Sara Sant Ambrogio. Their latest CD, released in October 2003, is titled Beethoven: Triple Concerto, Op. 56 — one of the most difficult trio works by the composer and a staple of the Eroica repertoire.
Below is a list of pieces performed by the trio in Studio 4A.
- Beethoven: The final movement from the composer's Opus 11 Trio
- Piazzola: A set of tangos, "Ortono Porteño," "Oblivion" and "Primavera Porteña" (arr. by Jose Brigato)
- Brahms: A Hungarian dance (arr. W.F. Ambrosio)
- Brahms: A lullaby (arr. by Sara Sant Ambrogio)
- Jean Baptiste Loeillet: The final movement of his Sonata in B Minor