An Italian police officer holds photos of Osman Hussain at the central police station in Rome.
London police take five suspects in the July 21 transit bombings into custody at locations across the city. And Italian police arrest another man in Rome. British media report that police have now arrested all four suspects in the failed attacks, which .
Heavily armed police raided two West London houses Friday, where they arrested three suspects. In a joint operation, police in Rome arrested another man who had been identified as a primary suspect. Investigators used cell phone records to track him, according to reports.
British police are questioning more than 20 people taken into custody since the first attacks of July 7, in which more than 50 people died on subways and a bus in London.
Despite the arrests, the head of the London's anti-terrorism branch says the threat remains and the public must stay alert.
British police have released the names of the main suspects in the July 21 attack:
- Warren St. Tube Station: Yasin Hassan Omar
- Shepherd's Bush Tube Station: Osman Hussain
- No. 26 Bus, Hackney Rd.: Muktar Said-Ibrahim
- Oval Tube Station: name not released