Iran is a nation of contradictions. Named by President Bush as part of the axis of evil, it's also regarded by many as a country with a burgeoning democracy. Host Neal Conan and guest discuss how this new development changes the threat Iran poses to the United States.
* Author of Persian Pilgrimages: Journeys Across Iran (W.W. Norton, 2002)
* Independent journalist and Iranian-American
* Deputy Director for Research at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy (Washington, DC)
* Professor of International Relations at the University of Maine and a specialist in Iranian Politics. (Iranian-American)
* Author of Parliamentary Politics in Revolutionary Iran: Institutionalization of Factional Politics