Ombudsman's Report: January 30, 2004
- 8,129 e-mails related to NPR and public radio since November 2003.
- Concern about NPRís Middle East coverage has diminished, but still a concern for many listeners.
- Still some concern about the Terry Gross-Bill OíReilly interview from October.
- E-mails of congratulation re: the Kroc bequest.
- High level of interest in NPR's political coverage.
- From January 1st, all e-mails on NPR's political coverage are assessed as coming from the left or the right.
- Since January 1st, 2,157 e-mails from listeners who find NPRís political coverage too conservative.
- Since January 1st, 130 e-mails from listeners who find NPR's political coverage too liberal.
- Increased attention to NPR's political coverage from blog sites such as FAIR, mediawhoresonline.com and commondreams.org.
E-mail by subject
|Ombudsman's Web site column||743|
|Day To Day||20|
|General inquiries (tapes, transcripts, etc.)||361|
|Middle East coverage||752|
Office of the Ombudsman
January 30, 2004