Ombudsman's Report: May 2002
- E-mails to the ombudsman have increased almost 14 percent from the previous quarter to a record of 13,668.
- 65 percent (8,869) of the e-mails concern NPR's coverage of the Middle East.
- 56 percent (4,964) of the Middle East e-mails accuse NPR of a pro-Palestinian bias.
- 12 percent (1,064) of the Middle East e-mails are from self-identified groups. Most claim to be from individuals.
- 72 e-mails commented on the Yiddish Radio Project.
- 78 e-mails protested NPR's changes to its cultural programming.
E-mail by subject:
Office of the Ombudsman
May 6, 2002