Ombudsman's Report: November 2002
- 12,626 e-mails were received since mid-July.
- While the Middle East issues still predominate the complaints, other issues (Iraq, pro/anti-war, economy, domestic security) are emerging.
- The historical series on the Middle East received a large percentage of complimentary e-mails (apprx. 30 percent).
- High number of comment/dialogue (NPR/hosts/programs) about the programs. These were not necessarily complaints.
- Increased number of enquiries (general information) about tapes and transcripts, books, CD purchases, etc.
- Strong level of satisfaction with the NPR web site.
- Completed content analysis of NPR's Middle East coverage.
E-mail by subject:
|Ombudsman's website column||334|
|Inquiries (Ombuds' investigations)||31|
|Middle East coverage||4,019|
|Middle East series||370|
|NPR changes (programs, cultural, etc.)||6|
|Underwriting/funding (inc. pledge drives)||77|
Office of the Ombudsman
October 25, 2002