Earlier this year, singer Tierney Sutton earned a Grammy nomination — her sixth — for Best Jazz Vocal Album for 2014's Paris Sessions. But when Sutton came on Piano Jazz in 2004, she had just released her album Dancing In The Dark, a tribute to Frank Sinatra. With her accompanist Christian Jacobs, Sutton performs a set of standards, and she and host Marian McPartland team up to play "Last Night When We Were Young."
Originally broadcast in the fall of 2004.
- "Devil May Care" (Dorough, Kirk)
- "Two For The Road" (Mancini)
- "East Of The Sun" (Brooks)
- "Ill Wind" (Arlen, Koehler)
- "Last Night When We Were Young" (Arlen, Harburg)
- "Route 66" (Troup)
- "Tiffany/Waltz For Debbie" (Evans, Lees)
- "Last Dance/Dancing In The Dark" (Cahn, VanHeusen, Schwartz, Dietz)