Kenny Burrell On Piano Jazz
Kenny Burrell In The Studio
Guitarist Kenny Burrell has been called a "cool, controlled romantic" whose textured playing is "subtle yet sensual, meditative, exultant, wry and intimate." He's one of the most lyrical guitarists on the jazz scene — in fact, he was Duke Ellington's favorite guitar improviser.
Burrell delights on this 1993 episode of Piano Jazz with a solo performance of "Round Midnight," and he joins host Marian McPartland for "Don't Worry 'Bout Me."
Originally broadcast in the spring of 1993.
- "Listen To The Dawn" (Burrell)
- "Round Midnight" (Monk, Hannighen, Williams)
- "I'm Old Fashioned" (Kern, Mercer)
- "All Too Soon" (Ellington, Sigman)
- "Don't Worry 'Bout Me" (Bloom, Koehler)
- "Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most" (Landesman, Wolf)
- "I'm Just A Lucky So And So" (Ellington, Mack)
- "Rain Check" (Strayhorn)