Bertha Hope's contributions to mainstream and improvised musical idioms have made her elite among her peers. Wife of the pianist Elmo Hope (1923-1967), Bertha has kept their extraordinary teamwork alive through her highly regarded trio and solo performances.
In this Piano Jazz session from 1991, Bertha Hope performs "In Search Of Hope" and host Marian McPartland joins her for a duet of "I'm Beginning To See The Light."
Originally broadcast in the fall of 1991.
- "In Search Of Hope" (B. Hope)
- "Nieta" (E. Hope)
- "I'm Beginning To See The Light" (Ellington)
- "Twilight World" (McPartland)
- "Lover" (Rodgers, Hart)
- "My One And Only Love" (Wood, Mellin)
- "Where Are All The Good Companions" (Wilder)
- "What Is This Thing Called Love" (Porter)