Pianist Sammy Price (1908–1992) began his career in the 1920s. He became a session pianist for Decca Records in 1938, and he led his own band, the Texas Bluesicians, which included greats such as Lester Young. Price also played with trumpeter Henry "Red" Allen for nearly a decade.
On this 1986 episode of Piano Jazz, Price demonstrates his boogie-woogie style and performs jazz standards by Cole Porter and Duke Ellington.
Originally broadcast in the spring of 1986.
- "Honeysuckle Rose" (Waller, Razaf)
- "Begin The Beguine" (Porter)
- "Squeeze Me" (Ellington, Gaines)
- "All Too Soon" (Ellington, Sigman)
- "St. Louis Blues" (Handy)
- "Get Happy" (Arlen, Koehler)
- "Everything I Love" (Porter)
- "Boogie Woogie" (Price)
- "Star Eyes" (DePaul, Raye)