Vocalist Margaret Whiting (1924–2011) established herself as a singer of jazz and popular standards in the 1940s while touring with the U.S.O. during WWII. In the decades that followed, her career encompassed everything from television to nightclubs, musical theater and country music.
On this 1992 episode of Piano Jazz, Whiting performs "Come Rain Or Come Shine" and "Moonlight In Vermont" with host Marian McPartland accompanying. McPartland solos in "Twilight World."
Originally broadcast in the fall of 1992.
- "Come Rain Or Come Shine" (Arlen, Mercer)
- "My Ideal" (Chase, Robin, Whiting)
- "Day In, Day Out" (Bloom, Mercer)
- "Twilight World" (McPartland, Mercer)
- "Moonlight In Vermont" (Blackburn, Suessdorf)
- "Someone To Watch Over Me" (Gershwin, Gershwin)
- "In The Days Of Our Love" (McPartland, Lee)
- "It Had To Be You" (Jones, Kahn)