Don't Let Your Thanksgiving Day Dinner Go Up In Smoke
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep. The shopping day after Thanksgiving is Black Friday. The holiday itself could be Blackened Thursday. The Massachusetts state fire marshal says Thanksgiving is the number-one day of the year for house fires. Cooking is the leading cause. The marshal put out safety tips that implied just how some fires start. Stay by your pan while frying. Use a timer. Keep kids 3 feet away. And when serving dinner, please don't put anything flammable by the candles. You're listening to MORNING EDITION.
NPR transcripts are created on a rush deadline by Verb8tm, Inc., an NPR contractor, and produced using a proprietary transcription process developed with NPR. This text may not be in its final form and may be updated or revised in the future. Accuracy and availability may vary. The authoritative record of NPR’s programming is the audio record.