Trumpeter and cornetist Ruby Braff (1927–2003) drew his style from the influences of Louis Armstrong and Bix Beiderbecke. Throughout the 1950s Braff was in demand in New York as a Dixieland and swing player, and went on to form a quartet with guitarist George Barnes and other small groups. On this 1992 episode of Piano Jazz, Braff joins host Marian McPartland for duet performances of "Thou Swell" and "Blue And Sentimental."
Originally broadcast in the spring of 1992.
- "Thou Swell" (Rodgers, Hart)
- "These Foolish Things" (Maschwitz, Strachey)
- "This Year's Kisses" (Berlin)
- "This Is All I Ask" (Jenkins)
- "Blue snd Sentimental" (Basie, Livingston, David)
- "Singing the Blues" (Robinson, Conrad, Lewis, Young)
- "By Myself" (Schwartz, Dietz)
- "As Time Goes By" (Hupfeld)
- "Love Is Just Around the Corner" (Gensler, Robin)