Slippers Protect British Man From Lightning Strike
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. A man in Bedford, England, got quite a shock in his kitchen this week. Lightning struck Brian Phillips' home, throwing him across the room. Amazingly, he was unharmed by the jolt. Paramedics concluded the rubber soles of Phillips' well-worn slippers protected him from electrocution. Phillips told the Mirror newspaper he had been thinking of throwing out his slippers, but he's changed his mind. After all, they're not just any slippers. It's MORNING EDITION.
NPR transcripts are created on a rush deadline by Verb8tm, Inc., an NPR contractor, and produced using a proprietary transcription process developed with NPR. This text may not be in its final form and may be updated or revised in the future. Accuracy and availability may vary. The authoritative record of NPR’s programming is the audio record.