Nearly 100 Percent Of TV Viewers In Iceland Were Watching Soccer
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. American television executives could only dream of this kind of market penetration. Iceland defeated England, a dramatic upset in the European Championships, and TV ratings now show that 99.8 percent of Icelandic TV viewers tuned in - 99.8 percent. We do not know what the other 0.2 percent were watching, but we assume that they had very, very little to say around the water cooler the next morning. It's MORNING EDITION.
NPR transcripts are created on a rush deadline by Verb8tm, Inc., an NPR contractor, and produced using a proprietary transcription process developed with NPR. This text may not be in its final form and may be updated or revised in the future. Accuracy and availability may vary. The authoritative record of NPR’s programming is the audio record.