On-air challenge: I'm going to give you some crossword clues for six-letter words. The last word in each clue will rhyme with its answer.
Ex. Traveling theater group --> TROUPE
1. Opposite of smaller
2. Heavenly body with a ring pattern
3. Attire for many sports
4. Aimlessly go yonder
5. Proceed in a hurry
6. Food like cheddars or bries
7. One engaged in a medieval fight
9. Teammate of Dasher and Prancer
10. Sport in which a player might act as a blocker
11. Quality of food to savor
12. Scream "Eek!"
13. One who denies people entry
14. Wilbur or Orville of early flight
15. Move like a worm
16. State capital about 1,700 miles NE of Austin
Last week's challenge: Name part of the human body in six letters. Add an R and rearrange the result to name a part of the body in seven letters. What is it?
Answer: Tonsil --> nostril
Winner: David Chapus of Rush, N.Y.
Next week's challenge: This week's challenge comes from listener Joseph Young, who conducts the weekly blog Puzzleria. Take the start of the name of a country and the end of that country's capital. Put the parts together, one after the other, and you'll get the last name of a character in a very popular movie. It's a character everyone knows. Who is it?
Submit Your Answer
If you know the answer to next week's challenge, submit it here. Listeners who submit correct answers win a chance to play the on-air puzzle. Important: Include a phone number where we can reach you Thursday, Feb. 22 at 3 p.m. ET.