Dangerous Mix-Up: Hand Sanitizer Labeled As Gin Sold In Australia The distillery in Australia recalled all the bottles. While a few people did accidentally drink the hand sanitizer, they're all OK. One gin lover reported their drink "tasted horrible."

Dangerous Mix-Up: Hand Sanitizer Labeled As Gin Sold In Australia

Dangerous Mix-Up: Hand Sanitizer Labeled As Gin Sold In Australia

  • Download
  • <iframe src="https://www.npr.org/player/embed/875548052/875548053" width="100%" height="290" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" title="NPR embedded audio player">
  • Transcript

The distillery in Australia recalled all the bottles. While a few people did accidentally drink the hand sanitizer, they're all OK. One gin lover reported their drink "tasted horrible."

NOEL KING, HOST:

Good morning. I'm Noel King. A distillery in Australia had a dangerous mix-up earlier this month when it sold nine bottles of hand sanitizer and mislabeled it as gin. They recalled all the bottles without any serious harm done. A few people did accidentally drink the hand sanitizer, though. They're all OK, although it can make you pretty sick. One poor gin lover reported their drink, quote, "tasted horrible." No surprise there.

Copyright © 2020 NPR. All rights reserved. Visit our website terms of use and permissions pages at www.npr.org for further information.

NPR transcripts are created on a rush deadline by Verb8tm, Inc., an NPR contractor, and produced using a proprietary transcription process developed with NPR. This text may not be in its final form and may be updated or revised in the future. Accuracy and availability may vary. The authoritative record of NPR’s programming is the audio record.