Pianist Eric Mintel is on a mission to bring jazz to the masses. His playing is straight-ahead but energetic, lyrical and always swinging. With his quartet, he's engaged audiences at the White House, the Kennedy Center and venues across the country.
On this episode of Piano Jazz from 2005, Mintel discusses improvisation and the art of getting gigs before sitting down with host Marian McPartland to play "These Foolish Things."
Originally broadcast in the spring of 2005.
- "Over The Rainbow" (Arlen, Harburg)
- "Dance Of The Beautiful" (Mintel)
- "I Love You" (Porter)
- "With You In Mind" (McPartland)
- "These Foolish Things" (Maschwitz, Strachey)
- "Yesterdays" (Harbach, Kern)
- "What Is This Thing Called Love?" (Porter)