Florida Rescue Efforts, COVID-19 Surge In Missouri, Biden's Climate Policy: News You Need To Start Your Day
Good Morning, hope you're having an excellent start to your Wednesday. Here are the stories we're following today:
- Officials leading the rescue mission in Surfside, Fla., are asking the federal government to send a search team to give their workers relief.
- The mayor of Miami Beach says a lot of residents are worried about the safety of their buildings.
- New COVID-19 cases in Missouri are surging and summer tourism presents new risks.
- Climate change has been at the center of President Biden's infrastructure agenda, but largely absent from the bipartisan proposal he's now pushing — to the frustration of many progressives.
- 🎧 On today's Up First, our morning news podcast, a preview of today's House vote on whether to create a select committee to investigate the attack on the Capitol.
— The Morning Edition live blog team
(Emily Alfin Johnson, Rachel Treisman, Joe Hernandez, Nell Clark, Casey Noenickx and William Jones)