Lynn Neary Lynn Neary is an NPR arts correspondent and a frequent guest host often heard on Morning Edition and Weekend Edition.
* Demographer, Urban Institute (specializes in immigrants)
* City Council Member
* Assistant Dean of Student and Community Affairs, University of Southern Maine's Lewiston Campus
Karen Louise Boothe
* Spokesperson, Hiawatha Light Rail Project Office, Minneapolis, MN
For many, it's the American dream -- a town that's safe, where you can raise your kids AND make a decent living. That's exactly what attracted some 2,000 Somalis to Lewiston, Maine. But now the mayor is pulling the welcome mat. On Talk of the Nation, join guest host Lynn Neary for a look at immigration in one small town and how it caompares to where YOU live.
Immigration and Small Towns
* Retired Director of Forensic Sciences for Orange County, California
* Author, Crime Scene (Avon, 2002)
* Professor of Forensic Psychology, DeSales Univeristy, Center Valley, Pennsylvania
* Author, The Forensic Science of C.S.I. (Boulevard, 2001)
* Writes about forensic science and psychology for Court TV's Crime Library
* Professor, Department of Criminology, Law and Society, University of California at Irvine
* NPR Correspondent
On TV, it's a glamous career that almost always results in catching the bad guy. In real life, collecting evidence and investigating crime scenes can be tedious, inconclusive and takes much longer than an hour. On Talk of the Nation, join guest host Lynn Neary for a look at how police and scientists REALLY solve crimes.
How Police and Scientists Solve Crimes
Booker Prize Mistake, Real Winner Soon
*Pastor, Fairfax Presbyterian Church, Fairfax, Va.
*General Secretary, National Council of Churches
*Former Congressman from Pennsylvania
*President, Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission
*General Secretary, National Council of Churches *Former Congressman from Pennsylvania
*President, Catholic Charities, Inc.
*Distinguished Professor of Ethics and International Politics, Georgetown School of Foreign Services
God and country ... what do you do when allegiance to one seems like a conflict with allegiance to the other? Some Christian leaders are challenging the notion of a military conflict with Iraq. How do your religious beliefs shape your view on war? Join guest host Lynn Neary for Talk of the Nation from NPR News.
'Choosing Naia: a Family's Journey'
Books That Changed Your Life
* Senior Fellow, Murray Weidenbaum Center on the Economy, Government, and Public Policy, Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri
* Author, The Invisible Heart: An Economic Romance (MIT Press, 2001) and The Choice: A Fable of Free Trade and Protectionism (Prentice Hall, 2000)
* Executive Director, The Joint Center for Housing Studies, Harvard University
Guest host Lynn Neary has a discussion about the state of the economy from the stock market to employment to housing.
Update Over Iraq in Congress and the United Nations
Spirituality and Young People
Pilgrims Retrace Path of Slave Trade