Host Bob Boilen chats with Monitor Mix blogger Carrie Brownstein, All Songs Considered producer Robin Hilton and Song of the Day editor Stephen Thompson about their favorite songs for love and heartbreak. Hear some of the lesser-known tracks by artists like Betty Davis, The Gerbils, Brian Eno, and Clem Snide, plus a few classic favorites.
Share your lesser-known love songs, on the All Songs Considered blog.
Feel the love with over 100 songs chosen by the NPR Music partner stations.
Download this show in the All Songs Considered podcast.
Sign up for the All Songs Considered newsletter and we'll tell you when new music features are available on the site.
Register with the NPR.org community to join in our discussions.
Contact us with your questions and comments.
- Song: Glue
- from Are You Sleepy?
- Song: I'll Come Running
- from Another Green World
- Song: As Long as the Grass Shall Grow
- from Unearthed
- Song: When I Ran off and Left Her
- from Drunk (Deluxe Reissue, 2004)
- Song: (Outro) With Bees
- from Blacklisted
- Song: Part Company
- from Spring Hill Fair
- Song: There She Goes
- from La's
- Song: Book of Love
- from 69 Love Songs
- by The Magnetic Fields
- Song: You Send Me
- from Portrait of a Legend 1951-1964
- Song: All by Myself
- from Definitive Collection
- Song: Danny Says
- from End of the Century [Expanded]
- Song: Find Love
- from Soft Spot
This is an unreleased demo version of "Find Love." The studio version is available on the album 'Soft Spot.'
The Velvet Underground
- Song: I Love You [*][Demo Version]
- from Loaded [Fully Loaded Edition]
- Song: My Sweet Hunk O' Trash
- from Complete Decca Recordings