Despite early speculation that DJ AM committed suicide, the medical examiner's office in New York City has ruled his death last month an accidental drug overdose. According to the medical report, the DJ -- known for his work with Madonna, Will Smith and other artists -- had cocaine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, Ativan, Klonopin, Xanax, Benadryl and Levamisole in his system. The Associated Press reports that DJ AM, whose real name was Adam Goldstein, had openly discussed past addictions to crack cocaine and other drugs.
MTV had planned to introduce a new reality show featuring DJ AM in October. Gone Too Far was to feature Goldstein and concerned families staging interventions for drug abusers. MTV hasn't said whether the show will air.