A number of people on the NPR Music team, including Bob Boilen, listened to all of the drum fills and intros I put together for the most recent Name That Drum Fill quiz, and nobody could get all of them. Nobody! Quite a few of you, however, did. I'm impressed. You didn't use Shazam or Sound Hound or some other app to identify them, did you?
We'll be doing more of these quizzes in the future. I was thinking of doing one with song endings, or maybe the best opening notes like these:
If you've got an idea for a sound-quiz, let us know in the comments section.
Answers For Name That Drum Fill, Part II
1. "Bullet the Blue Sky" (U2)
2. "Cheerleader" (Grizzly Bear)
3. "Heavy Metal Drummer" (Wilco)
4. "Moby Dick" (Led Zeppelin)
5. "Neighborhood #2 (Laika)" (Arcade Fire)
6. "Sowing the Seeds of Love" (Tears For Fears)
7. "(Just Like) Starting Over" (John Lennon)
8. "Taper Jean Girl" (Kings Of Leon)
9. "Time" (Pink Floyd)
10. "Young Americans" (David Bowie)