Day to Day has heard from dozens of undecided voters explaining why, with just a few weeks to go until Election Day, they are still unsure which candidate for President will get their vote. The show got so many comments, from so many places, that we decided to create a centralized repository for these stories using Google Maps. Each one of the question marks on the map above represents an undecided voter, and you can read their thoughts about the election by clicking on the icon. (The purple push-pins represent Day to Day stories about undecided voters, like Barbara Zimmerman, who we spoke to just before the last Presidential Debate. We'll be adding new stories as they air.)
Now the real question: are you an undecided voter? Would you like to throw your digitized two cents into the pixel pile? If you have a Google Account, you can add your story directly to the map by following the directions at the bottom of this post. Or, if you don't have a Google account, you can send your story (along with your name, and where you live) to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can add it for you. Either way, we want to hear from you! We'll be featuring undecided voters on the program all week. Drop in your comment on the map, and we might feature it on the air.
How to Update Our Google Map If You Have a Google Account
- Go to our undecided map and log into your Google Account
- Click on "edit" in the left-hand column
- Search for your general location - Keep in mind that Google Maps can pinpoint your address down to the house, so maintain your privacy by just giving it your zip code or city
- Click on the "Add a placemark" icon in the upper left hand corner of the map - it looks like a blue, upside-down teardrop. Put the placemark in the your town's general vincity.
- Write your story in the field provided and give it a title. It, of course, goes without saying that off-color, offensive, objectionable or generally flame-baiting comments will be deleted.
- For extra credit, choose an icon to represent your contribution. The icons are selectable in the upper-right hand corner of your placemark.
- Click on "DONE" in the left-hand column when you're finished
If you have any questions or comments about the map, feel free to post them here.