The Friday Podcast: Wall Street Trickery Inflated The Bubble
Financial trickery! Self-dealing! CDOs! On today's Planet Money, we return to the last days of the housing bubble.
Our story: A group of bankers knew there were serious problems in the market for subprime mortgage investments. But rather than wind the business down, they sped it up -- prolonging the bubble, and ultimately making the crisis worse.
It's the latest in our partnership with ProPublica, the nonprofit investigative-reporting outfit.
* Read the ProPublica article and our blog post on the story.
* Watch the video from the Auto-Tune the News guys.
* Check out the comic and infographic at ProPublica.
* Listen to the This American Life story we did with ProPublica earlier this year.
* Watch "Bet Against the American Dream," a show tune about a hedge fund.
Subscribe to the podcast. Music: The Delays' "Long Time Coming." Find us: Twitter/ Facebook/ Flickr.