It's almost time to celebrate 2012, and per tradition, 2011 year-end reviews in every shape and size are appearing in the media. NPR's reporting and journalists made or landed on a number of lists this year. Check out where NPR fell in the rankings along with some other recent notable news:
- If you were too busy sipping eggnog to catch the Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! crew in their end of year special on BBC America last week, fear not! The reviews are in: Chicago TribuneandNew York Times.
- Linda Holmes once again has brought to light a comical cultural trend that may have otherwise been overlooked: the unhappiest people you meet in the comments section of year-end lists. Oregonianand Newser shared Monkey See's list profiling these characters.
- Seattle Weeklywent the extra mile to make a list of lists. It's "Best of 2011" included the All Songs Considered Listener's Poll.
- This Week in Defense Newsfeatured Tom Bowman in its roundtable discussion on the top national security advisers to Republican presidential candidates.
- Deborah Amos was featured on PBS Newshourlast week reporting on the bombings and protests in Syria from Beirut.