Coroner Delays Release Of Michael Jackson's Autopsy Results
His staff needs to "finish up a bunch of stuff," Los Angeles County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said today in announcing that results of singer Michael Jackson's autopsy won't be released for another week.
Jackson, 50, died on June 25. The coroner's results had been scheduled for release this week. The Los Angeles Times reported this week that the county Sheriff's Department is investigating whether anyone in the coroner's office leaked or sold confidential information about Jackson's case.
In other Jackson-related news, the Associated Press reports, the singer's personal chef told the wire service yesterday that the first sign that something wasn't right on June 25 was when Jackson's doctor didn't come to get the juices and granola that the King of Pop typically ate each morning.
"I thought maybe Mr. Jackson is sleeping late," Kai Chase told the AP.
The wire service continues:
"I started preparing the lunch and then I looked at my cell phone and it was noon. About 12:05 or 12:10 Dr. (Conrad) Murray runs down the steps and screams, 'Go get Prince!' He's screaming very loud. I run into the den where the kids are playing. Prince (Jackson's oldest son) runs to meet Dr. Murray and from that point on you could feel the energy in the house change.
"I walked into the hall and I saw the children there. The daughter was crying. I saw paramedics running up the stairs."
At that point, Chase said, the small group that was gathered -- the children, their nanny, a housekeeper and Chase -- held hands and began to pray. As paramedics raced up to the room, Chase recalls, "We were all praying, 'Help Mr. Jackson be O.K.'
"Then everyone was very quiet."
