The U.S. military is again airlifting earthquake victims from Haiti to the U.S., Army Col. Gregory Kane says, according to the Associated Press.
As the Miami Herald writes, there have been "five worrisome days" for doctors since the flights were suspended:
The airlift's suspension forced medical workers in Port-au-Prince to conjure up ways to get patients out of the country while they were treating them. Sunday morning, three children in critical need of care were flown to Philadelphia from Port-au-Prince, but only after private sponsors had been secured.
The AP adds that:
Exactly what led to the suspension on Wednesday of medical evacuation flights was unclear, though military officials have said some states refused to take patients. Officials in Florida, one of the main destinations for military flights leaving Haiti, say no patients were ever turned away. However, the suspension took effect after Florida Gov. Charlie Crist sent a letter Tuesday to Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius saying the state's hospitals were reaching a saturation point.
It's been nearly three weeks since a devastating earthquake hit Haiti.
For more of NPR's coverage of the crisis there, click here.
If you're looking for information on charities doing work in Haiti, click here.