A passerby watches a TV news program reporting two Japanese hostages, Kenji Goto, left, and Haruna Yukawa, held by the Islamic State group, in Tokyo, on Friday. Eugene Hoshiko/AP hide caption
kidnapping
Saturday
Sunday
Maureen B. Kabrik, a "#Bring Back Our Girls" campaigner, speaks during a sit-out meeting in Borno in support of the release of more than 200 Nigerian schoolgirls in August. Boko Haram militants, who seized the girls last April, have reportedly captured a key military base in the region. Afolabi Sotunde/Reuters/Landov hide caption
Thursday
Members of the Abuja "Bring Back Our Girls" protest group sit during a march in continuation of the Global October movement. Once again, Boko Haram militants are implicated in killings and mass kidnapping in northeastern Nigeria. Afolabi Sotunde/Reuters/Landov hide caption
Saturday
People call for the Nigerian government to rescue girls taken from a secondary school in Chibok region, during a protest earlier this month. Boko Haram, the group that took the girls, says they have been "married off." Olamikan Gbemiga/AP hide caption
Friday
Israeli President Shimon Peres (right) eulogizes the three Israeli teens who were abducted and killed in the occupied West Bank, Gil-Ad Shaer, U.S.-Israeli national Naftali Fraenkel, both 16, and Eyal Yifrah, 19, during their joint funeral July 1 in the Israeli city of Modiin. Baz Ratner/AP hide caption
Thursday
Estela de Carlotto (center), head of the Argentine human rights organization that seeks to reunite babies stolen decades ago with their biological relatives, announced on Monday she had located her 36-year-old grandson. Martin Zabala/Xinhua/Landov hide caption
Grandmother Finds Grandson, Abducted In Argentina's Dirty War
Tuesday
Nigeria's chief of defense staff Air Marshal Alex S. Badeh speaks during a demonstration in Abuja calling for the rescue of girls kidnapped from their school in Chibok. Badeh says the government knows where the girls are — but that a rescue attempt would endanger their lives. Gbenga Olamikan/AP hide caption
Thursday
The home of suspect Isidro Medrano Garcia, in Bell Gardens, Calif., on Wednesday. Garcia allegedly abducted a 15-year-old girl in 2004 and held her captive for 10 years. He is charged with kidnapping and rape and is being held on $1 million bail. Damian Dovarganes/AP hide caption
Wednesday
Friday
A destroyed car is seen at the blast site in Nigeria's capital, Abuja, on Thursday. The death toll rose to 19 on Friday. Ikechukwu Ibe/Xinhua/Landov hide caption