Our weeklong series on All Things Considered began on June 1 and includes:
- An examination of the 401(k) model
- Conversations with people in their 40s, 50s and 60s about their retirement plans
- An expert who will respond to your questions
- A look at the state of Social Security
- A snapshot of what retirement looks like for people in rural communities
The first generation of 401(k) users is preparing to retire, and the stock market's fall has meant that many accounts are insufficient to support basic retirement.
In an April survey by the Employee Benefit Research Institute, only 13 percent of workers said they were "very confident" that they were saving enough money for a comfortable retirement. Are you saving enough? Too little?
Share your questions and concerns about retirement with us in the comments section below.