* Editor of most recent edition of DSM - Diagnostic Manual for Psychiatric Disorders
* Associate Professor of Clinica Psychiatry - Columbia University
* Director of research Division of the APA - American Psychiatric Association
* Clinical Professor of Psyichiatry and Human Behaviour - Brown University
* Author of Should You Leave? A Psychiatrist Explores Intimacy and Autonomy and the nature of Advice
Feeling a little sick of your family? Maybe you should go to the doctor. Some psychiatrists are pushing for a new diagnosis to explain problem relationships in families. It's called relational disorder ... but Is it an illness, or just a fact of life?
NPR transcripts are created on a rush deadline by an NPR contractor. This text may not be in its final form and may be updated or revised in the future. Accuracy and availability may vary. The authoritative record of NPR’s programming is the audio record.