Test your F.Q. (Fun Quotient) with the Timeless Toys quiz:
1. Name the plaything that breaks each of the following rules:
a) Don't throw the ball in the house.
b) Don't play with your food.
c) Boys don't play with "dolls."
d) Don't play on the stairs.
2. Match the classic ad copy with the toy it was written to promote:
a) Own a bowlful of happiness.
b) You can’t hurt babies or old people.
c) New gyroscopic air foil really sails!
d) Even grownups are google-eyed at its lifelike capers.
e) 10 minutes practice makes you chief witchdoctor in your neighborhood.
f) New, amazing invention! It’s crazy — people scoot like seals!
g) For educational color work.
h) Go...Go...Go...for three in a row...
i) Create colored pictures...with light!
j) Featuring the colorful, exciting SLAM-0-MATIC!
k) Over three billion combinations...just one solution.
l) It’s Almost Alive!
List of Toys:
2. Slip 'n' Slide
3. Hula Hoop
6. Super Ball
7. Toss Across
8. Crayola crayons
9. Hands Down
10. Rubik's Cube
11. Nerf ball
3. In 1966, a company that was one of the world's largest producers of shower curtains was running machines non-stop to make what classic game?
4. Who knew science was such fun? Match the toy with the science behind it:
5. Which inventor took his middle name when naming his creation?
Frederick Frisbee Morrison
Herb Cootie Schaper
Joshua Lionel Cowen
Ralph Simon Baer
6. Which of the following playthings was created by a woman?
The Landlord's Game (predecessor to Monopoly)